I honestly hate having to scroll through a bunch of comments, opinions & photos to get to the recipe, so I won’t make you do that. I only ask 1 thing………please read the tips at the end. This caesar salad dressing recipe can be tweaked MANY different ways so my suggestion is…….make it the first time exactly as shown & then venture out as you like. All ingredients were purchased at Costco……….OBVIOUSLY!
Best Caesar Salad Dressing Ever!
OK. It’s a bold claim, I know. But this caesar salad dressing recipe can be tweaked to however you like & I will give suggestions below on how to tweak. Try the EXACT recipe the first time so you have a baseline & can find out what works for you!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh is best!
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 anchovy filet
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp pepper
- salt to taste Be careful! I generally don’t add salt because there is plenty in the parmesan & anchovies
- Throw it in a blender & blend away!
FRESH, FRESH, FRESH. Please use the freshest ingredients, which can all be purchased at Costco. It stores well in the refrigerator & is so much better than the store bought stuff. This is one of my favorite all time recipes. I always love a good caesar, not cesar, salad. My new favorite is a grilled chicken kale caesar. I’ll post that recipe here soon, but it’s exactly like it sounds. You can throw some salmon on top, add homemade croutons, or just have it with some fresh romaine. The possibilities are endless.
- DO NOT USE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL. Its pungent & bitter
- Too fishy or not fishy enough: add/remove anchovies
- To strong/not strong enough: add/remove olive oil
- I want more spice: add more garlic (personal favorite)
- Needs more salt: add anchovy oil, parmesan, or salt
- Too thick: blend minimally, try fine chopping the ingredients
- Too thin: blend to emulsify or use less olive oil
- I want more bite: add red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Cheese: Parmesan brand & quantity can significantly change the taste. Adjust according to your likes.
Like I said, my personal favorite is to add more garlic because it gives the Caesar salad a nice kick. The only problem is you’ll be warding off vampires for the next 24 hours & possibly sleeping on the couch, but its totally worth it. Please let me know what you think by commenting or giving a review. Thanks!