Costco sells this Farmed Abalone for $34.99. Scroll down for photos. For all you abalone lovers out there this is a great deal! It’s on sale right now for $4 off & comes out to $15.90 / pound. That is about the cheapest I’ve been able to find it at all the stores. It comes with a dozen pieces & the shell on. It’s Sashimi Grade Australian Greenlip Abalone. I’ve only had abalone several times & it was great each time. My favorite way, was when it was pounded out and breaded with Panko Breadcrumbs & lightly fried. This product comes frozen so you can grab it on sale & store it in the freezer for the holidays. Just make sure to defrost it properly (directions on the back)! Anyways, here are a few more details about this Costco Abalone……..
- Brand: Ausab
- Sashimi Grade Australian Greenlip Abalone
- 12 Count w/ Shell
- Product of Australia
- Thawing Instructions on Back (see photos)
- $15.90 / pound. 2.2 total pounds
- High in Cholesterol, Sodium & Protein (see Nutrition Facts)
- Cooking Methods: sashimi / raw, pan-fry, steam, braise, poach, stir-fry, BBQ
Costco Farmed Abalone w/ Shell, Product of Australia, 12 count / 2.2 pounds
Costco had this on full display. It was not tucked away in the freezer like I normally see it. I’m guessing that is because they have it on sale. I see this go on sale a couple times a year. I really should buy it more often, but my wife doesn’t like seafood & really doesn’t like the texture of abalone. If you’ve never had it before it can be quite different. It can be a chewy texture, kind of like calamari, that can be worsened if it’s overcooked. You need to make sure it’s cooked properly before making a judgement. Make sure to check out the recipe’s on the back from ausab.com.au. If you can’t find this at Costco or want it delivered, you can always try the canned stuff that has decent reviews here……..
- Lee Kum Kee Abalone In Premium Oyster Sauce
- Precious Giant Top Wild Shellfish abalone in Brine (4 pcs in a Can) 16oz
- Natural South Korea Abalone in Brine [ 8 Pieces ] Raised in Wando, Low Calorie No Preservative Added, Lightly Braised, Ready to Eat
Price: $34.99 (sale) $38.99 (normal), Item Number: 8961918
Other posts you may like……..