This is the first time I’ve seen Costco’s very own Kirkland brand motor oil (scroll down for photos). This is fantastic because I am still one of the few people that still like to change the oil on my vehicles. For years I would always buy the 6 quart (6 individual quarts) of Mobil 1 from Costco whenever I needed it & I want to say it ended up being between $3-$4 per quart depending on sales. This is so much cheaper and it comes in (2) x 5 quart bottles. I much prefer the 5 quart bottles because I like to reuse the bottles to dispose of the old oil & it makes filling 1 bottle much easier. (As opposed to 6 small ones).
My local Costco carries the 0W-20 & 5W-30. Honda’s & Toyota’s commonly use the 0W-20 & many passenger cars, SUVs, light vans and trucks use 5W-30. This is unbelievable cheap for FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL. It comes out to only $2.20/quart of (I repeat) FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL. If you’ve never change the oil on your car, I suggest you do for a few reasons……
- Save money
- Save time (I can get mine done in about 30 min. It takes me longer to drive down and wait at the local shops)
- I know exactly what filters & oil I’m putting in (high quality usually)
- Gratification of doing my own maintenance
If you can’t find this at your local Costco or you just want to go with the name brand synthetic oil, here is the stuff I have been using for years with great results…….
- Castrol 03124 EDGE 0W-20 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil, 5 Quart
- Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic 5W-30 Motor Oil (5-Quart, Single Pack)
Price: $21.99, Items: 997895, 997930
Other posts you may like……