Pine nuts! These Organic Pine nuts are expensive but they are oh so good! We usually don’t buy these too often because it’s hard for me to justify spending almost $30 on nuts for a Costco trip. It’s hard to get out of Costco without spending a few hundred dollars (if not more) & these pine nuts hit the wallet hard. We absolutely love them in salads & pesto (recipe below)! You gotta roast them though so scroll down for some tips on toasted pine nuts aka roasted pine nuts. Given the fact that these are organic, makes it the best deal around. They are only $19.99/pound which is the cheapest you will find them anywhere. If you can’t find these in store or want them deliver, make sure to check out the following on Amazon……..
- Raw Pine Nuts 1 LB (Whole and Natural) NO PPO, Steam Pasteurized , Great for Pesto, Salads, or Roasting,- By I’M A NUT
Toasted Pine Nuts aka Roasted Pine Nut Tips
The simple tips I’m going to give come from experience. By experience I mean I’ve burned too many batches of Organic Pine Nuts in my life that really strike a nerve. You just look at the burnt batch & think “that cost a lot”. It’s nothing fancy but just follow these few simple tips……
- Set a timer! Most important. This is the number 1 reason for burning pine nuts. I’m always cooking or chopping & ALWAYS forget. I always set mine for 10-12 minutes. Go shorter if you’re concerned.
- Cook them at 275 – 300 degrees. Gives you a larger window to work with
- Don’t pile them up. Spread them out so they cook evenly
- Not recommended to cook in a pan. They seem to get overcooked on 1 side and raw on the other…..unless you’re stirring constantly
- Cook a big batch and save them. They store well in a mason jar. Just don’t expect them to last too long cause they’re sooooo tasty
Pesto Sauce Recipe by Kirkland Signature
This is the pesto sauce recipe on the back of Costco’s Kirkland Signature Pine Nuts. It’s great!
- Food Processor or Blender
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Toasted Pine Nuts Make sure they’re toasted or roasted
- 2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Instructions for Organic Pine Nuts
- Puree in a food processor or blender to desired consistency
- Make sure to use roasted pine nuts. It gives this a much better flavor
Other posts you may like…..