Costco sells this premade Quinoa Salad for $4.79 / pound. Scroll down for photos. This is one of my favorite premade meals at Costco. It’s easy, cheap & healthy. Whenever I go on vacation & want a quick healthy bite to eat, I try to grab this. It stores well in a hotel refrigerator & has all the fixings. It’s loaded with complex carbohydrates & vegetables. It’s also a nice break from eating meat for all you vegetarians out there. Another great way to use this is as a side dish for dinner. Spruce it up with some chopped onions & cilantro & drizzle a homemade dressing on top. Just make sure to serve it in a dish, so your guests think it’s homemade =). You end up with about 2 pounds of food, so it’s around $9 – $10 for the container. Here is a little more information about this Costco Quinoa Salad…….
- Premade in the refrigerated section. Next to other premade foods
- $4.79 per pound
- Ingredients/Nutrition: Quinoa, Cucumber, Tomato, Mung Beans, Red Bell Peppers, Dressing (soybean oil/canola oil, lemon juice concentrate, vinegar, salt, water, sugar, spices), Brown Rice, Kale, Cilantro, Red Lentil
- Contains: Soy
- Vegan Friendly, Vegetarian
- Calories: 300 / cup (rough estimate)
Costco Quinoa Salad
For being a vegetarian meal, it really is filling. The brown rice & quinoa give you sustained energy for hours. It also keeps you feeling full for longer without being bloated. The only thing I would like better is if the dressing came on the side. It would be nice to be able to add your own dressing. It would be great with a cilantro lime dressing or a mango dressing. I don’t mind eating it right out of the refrigerator even if it is a little crunchy. It depends on your taste though. I recommend mixing it well & warming it up. There are some copycat recipes out there if you’d like to make it. If you’re looking for some alternative quinoa bowls, make sure to check these out……
- Kitchen & Love Artichoke & Roasted Peppers Quinoa Quick Meal 6-Pack | Vegan, Gluten-Free, Ready-to-Eat, No Refrigeration Required
- Minsley Cooked Organic Quinoa, 4.2 oz. (Pack of 12)
- Amy’s Light & Lean Quinoa and Black Beans with Butternut Squash & Chard Bowl, Non GMO, 8-Ounce
Price: $4.79 / pound, Item Number: 42825
Other posts you may like……
3 thoughts on “Costco Quinoa Salad, Premade Costco Food”
How long can I keep the quinoa salad before it is no longer safe to eat? The container is waaay to much for one!
I wouldn’t keep it longer than 3 – 5 days depending. It is a lot to eat, but I find that it gets mushy and not so good after this much time. I also go by smell
quinoa can cause issues with your digestion. my body did not react very well to this dish.