Yes, Costco sells kimchi! I don’t usually buy kimchi, but when I do, I only get it at Costco. As you can see it’s on sale & is probably the cheapest you will find it. Scroll down for photos & you’ll see it’s on sale for $4.99. My favorite way to eat it is to throw it over a bed of rice with some BBQ’d chicken on top. It’s the perfect meal for me……..easy, cheap, tasty & from Costco! You can find this in the refrigerated section of Costco. My local Costco has a section with predominantly Asian foods & it can be found there. I usually see it year around, so it’s not something that is seasonal. If you’ve never tried it, I highly recommend you give it a shot for only $4.99. Here are a few more details about this Costco kimchi…………
- Gluten Free, Keto Friendly, No MSG, Probiotic
- Brand: Jongga (although the tag says Chongga, see photos)
- 42.3 ounce of kimchi, that’s over 2.5 pounds of kimchi
- Number 1 kimchi brand in Korea
- Made in Korea
- Contains Fish (anchovy) & shrimp for those with allergies
- Made from sliced Napa Cabbage
If you’ve read my other posts, you know I always enjoy cheap & healthy meals. If you google kimchi health benefits you will find numerous claims including: lower cholesterol, healthy bacteria & probiotics, healthy skin & hair, weight loss, etc. I am also a big fan of the ingredients. You can pronounce almost every single one of them. I like knowing what I am eating. For those of you who like their homemade kimchi or are well versed with different brands of kimchi, I would like to know what you think of this brand. I’ve looked into making myself some homemade kimchi with plenty of online recipes, but for $4.99 I just can’t justify the time & effort to make something I thoroughly enjoy right out of the bottle. Now if you’re looking to have something delivered right to your door, check out these kimchi brands on Amazon……..
- Half Gallon (3.5 lbs.) Spicy Napa Cabbage Kimchi [Vegan, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Probiotic] by Choi’s Kimchi Co. Made in USA
- Madge’s Food Company, Kimchi, 15 Ounce
- Jayone Korean Canned Kimchi, Napa Cabbage Kimchi, Naturally Fermented, Non-GMO, No preservatives, No additives- (5.64oz x 12)
Price: $4.99 (on sale), $6.49 (regular), Item Number: 737160
Other posts you may like……..