Costco sells packaged & assorted fruit trees for $16.99! Scroll down for photos. This is one of my favorite times of the year! Even though I don’t really have a green thumb, I love to garden. I’ve got a few avocado trees, lemon trees & apple trees in pots. They’re all doing well & survived 2020, but I just don’t have space on my property for them. Each year I want to buy a few more, but we really have nowhere to plant them. I even have a worm farm (vermiculture) compost bin in my backyard! Anyways, these fruit tree varieties are great! I think the price & quality is WAY better than that of Home Depot or Lowe’s. You may not find the variety you are looking for, but if you do, get it at Costco. Here are a few more details about these Costco Fruit Trees (listed varieties below)………
- Performance Nursery, Somis, California
- Bartlett Pear – Large, yellow-green skin, juicy, sweet, white flesh, harvest July – August, cold hardy to USDA Zone 5
- Black Walnut – Large and well sealed, ripens October, self-fertile, cold hardy to USDA zone 5 – 9
- Early Elberta Peach – Large, yellow skin with red blush, yellow, rich, sweet flesh, harvest July, cold hardy to USDA zone 7
- Gala Apple – Yellow-red striped skin, crisp, juicy, sweet flesh, ripens in August, cold hardy to USDA zone 4 – 10
- Honeycrisp Apple – Red with yellow background skin, sweet/tart flavor akin to watermelon, ripens late September, white flesh with excellent flavor. Matures to 20′ tall, cold hardy to USDA zone 5
- Pink Lady Apple – Medium, yellow skin blushing to pink tart to sweet, ripens late October, cold hardy to USDA zones 5 – 8
- Rainier Cherry – Medium to large, yellow skin with red blush, superb flavor, cold hardy to USDA zone 5
- Veteran Peach – Medium, golden yellow skin with red blush, yellow, sweet, flesh, self-fertile, ripens August – September, cold hardy to USDA zone 5 – 9
- Wonderful Pomegranate – Blush red skin, sharp rich juicy flesh, harvest in October, cold hardy to USDA zone 9
Packaged Fruit Trees, Assorted Varieties at Costco
Those were all the fruit trees I could find. I am located in Zone 10 with Zone 9 nearby. It makes sense that the fruit trees are limited to the zones within close proximity. I’d be curious to see the variety of fruit trees other Costco’s get. I’ll try to update the list as I see them. These are the new varieties for 2021. Make sure to pick up a bag of Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Potting Mix 50 Quart. It should be located right next to the fruit trees. Costco will start carrying all the gardening items soon, so make sure to buy an item if you like it. They disappear quickly. Here’s a few items I HIGHLY RECOMMEND (trust me, get the garden kneeler) to get from Amazon if you’re going to be planting some fruit trees. Check them out here……..
- Garden Kneeler And Seat – Protects Your Knees, Clothes From Dirt & Grass Stains – Foldable Stool For Ease Of Storage – EVA Foam Pad – Sturdy and Lightweight – Bench Comes With A Free Tool Pouch!
- Scuddles Garden Tools Set – 8 Piece Heavy Duty Gardening Kit with Storage Organizer, Ergonomic Hand Digging Weeder Rake Shovel Trowel Sprayer Gloves Gift for Men Or Women
- Felco F-2 068780 Classic Manual Hand Pruner, F 2
Price: $16.99, Item Number: 13777
Other posts you may like…….